I was feeling quite discouraged with my photography recently. Compared to my previous activity of scribbling my thoughts in spiral notebooks, it is quite expensive. It requires thought and effort to be in the right place at the right time and hours of taking photos which don't pan out to get one good one. I was thinking that I should give it up and concentrate on something else. Then, by chance, I saw a notice at a local arts center giving information about submitting work to be accepted as an exhibiting member of the art center. I've always liked the place and have enjoyed dropping by to see what work is being displayed there. I decided to give it a shot. I went back through many of my photographs to choose three to submit. I agonized about the choices and, after I had narrowed it down to six, enlisted the opinions of friends and family to help me pick three. I dropped them off yesterday. Today I found out I had been accepted. That means I can exhibit my photos in all the relevant art center shows during the year and submit it to the couple of juried ones they have as well. It may be a small thing but it was a nice boost of encouragement just when I needed it. Following are the three photos:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment